Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quick update

Yes , Mr. Stanislavsky. I hear you. Time to move my lazy ass and post an update. Being swamped with the summer classes at the moment. This is just a quick update on the recent studies at the local workshop. All except the last one were done in about 1.5 hour with more than a dozen spot lights.(along with half a dozen florescent lights) The last one is a two session painting, about 3 hours in total.(As you can see, the mug was the reason why it took me so long to do the study... *smile*)

Man, I still can't escape from the muddy color palette. I just don't get it. When I use the ugly muddy color, most people seems to like it. When I get to use my favorite bright colors, I get "That's interesting..."(A nice way of saying that is not so hot.) I should also stay away from cardboard as well... Yeah, I know... cheap art supply is hard to resist... (I should stop raiding the Costco dumpster)*smile*




3 comments:

Colin Lorimer said...

Hello there old chap...

Megan Wolfe said...

Beautiful job on that last one, Jim. Very well done.

And, yeah, stay away from cardboard! :D

Jim Yang said...

lubbert das - Hey man. What's up.

Meg - Thanks for the kind words. Found a bunch of wood panels at the dumpster of a local art school. Guess they didn't like it for their installation and decided to dump them at the end of the semester. The security guard probably thought I was a homeless looking for sheltering materials... *smile* (Yeah, I will be away from my cardboard friend for a while now...)