Sunday, August 12, 2007

Doodles this week



Did this sketch while waiting for my long lost father in front of the art museum. 30 minutes before the time to meet up, a familiar nasal voice with strong New York accent came from my left. As some of you may already guessed, I saw a short man with white mustache walking towards me. My highlight of the week.

With the overly relaxed workshop, we only get about 1~1.5 hours worth of actual painting time. Although I usually get most of the major element blocked out in the first 20 minutes, having to effectively show form, effect of lighting, while having random ambient light is a real challenge. Kind of force me to re-think my strategy and approach differently.

3 comments:

Helen Chen said...

le fish? lol.

nice stuff as usual... how's canada?

Jim Yang said...

Miss having "all you can draw" workshop. Other than that, just been spending a lot of time sketching and painting outside. The nice weather is probably going to last for another month at most, before the non-stop rain starts.

RYAN said...

Why don't I see any conceptual art? Dammit Jim, the time for drawing naked people is over!! At least give them machine gun legs or make their heads on fire. Give 'em a shield, or a sword(cue the Sanchez war music) dah dadad dun dun! Looks good though......







machine gun legs!